3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
½ tsp chili-garlic sauce
2 Tbsp canola oil, divided
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 ½ cup sugar snap peas (8 ounce), trimmed
2 ¼ cup snow peas (8 ounce), trimmed
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen (thawed)
½ cup lightly salted cashew halves and pieces
1. Fold a clean kitchen towel and place it on a cutting board or large plate. Set tofu on the towel. Put another folded clean towel over the tofu and place a flat, heavy weight (such as a heavy skillet) on top; drain for 30 minutes.
2. Whisk hoisin sauce, soy sauce and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
3. Cut the pressed tofu into 1/2-inch cubes. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the tofu and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Return the skillet to the heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in onion, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add snap peas, snow peas and peas; cook, stirring often, until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the tofu to the pan along with the hoisin mixture and cashews; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 356
- Calories from fat 180
- Total Fat 20gm 31%
- Sodium 568mg 24%
- Total Carbohydrates 31gm 10%
- Fiber 7gm 28%
- Protein 17gm
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.