1. Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the lowest oven rack; preheat oven to 500° F or highest setting. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and dust with cornmeal.
2. Prepare Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough, if using.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 15-by-10-inch oval. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Turn edges under to make a slight rim. Brush the rim with 1 teaspoon oil.
4. Sprinkle cheese over the crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and pastrami, if using. Season with pepper. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
5. Place the baking sheet on the heated pizza stone (or baking sheet) and bake the pizza until the bottom is crisp and golden, 10 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
To bake this recipe directly on a pizza stone, make two 14-by-7-inch oval pizzas.
Related Recipe: Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 286
- Calories from fat 126
- Total Fat 14gm 22%
- Saturated Fat 6gm 30%
- Monounsaturated Fat 6gm
- Sodium 513mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrates 28gm 9%
- Fiber 3gm 3%
- Protein 12gm
- Cholesterol 31mg 10%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.