I used a combination of lime juice, soy, ginger syrup (Morris Kitchen – our fave) and spicy sriracha to season the veggies and noodles. One thing that I really loved about the redux recipe was the use of watercress. Big fan of zesty watercress, and it adds a wonderful zip to this finished dish. This is definitely a recipe that you can use lots of Spring and Summer time veggies in. When I recently made it I used lots of baby bok choy and sugar snap peas. Just load it up with your favorite spring time greens, and enjoy the spicy noodles!! I promise you will not only enjoy this on Meatless Mondays but also on Tuesday, Wednesday or even Saturday!
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit until just softened, about 6 - 7 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, sesame oil, ginger syrup, soy sauce and sriracha. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the peppers and cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and bok chou, stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles. Stir. Add the sauce and stir. Add the watercress and stir for another 30 seconds. Then add the green onions, mint and cilantro and stir. Remove from the heat.
- Scatter the crushed peanuts over the top.
Read more from Chez Us.