The delicate flavors of lightly sautéed portabella mushrooms, zucchini noodles and chopped spinach are complemented and enhanced by the refined natural flavor of the creamy tomato soup. Together they create a little bit of heaven.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x12 Lasagna pan with non stick spray. Drain ricotta cheese in a sieve while preparing onions and mushrooms.
- On medium heat, sauté onion on in 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil until translucent; about 10 minutes. Transfer to large mixing bowl. In a large frying pan over medium/high heat sauté portabella mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil until softened; about 5 minutes. Add to the onions. Beat the two eggs and mix with the ricotta cheese.
- Mix the ricotta egg mixture into, onions and mushrooms and then the well drained spinach.
- Thinly slice 3 zucchini lengthwise to create noodles.
- Cover the bottom of the lasagna pan with 1/4th of the Pacific Natural Foods Organic Creamy Tomato Soup. Place a layer of zucchini noodles in the lasagna pan, slightly overlapping them. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta, mushroom, spinach mixture across the zucchini. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers two more times. Top with the tomato soup and sprinkle the last of the mozzarella across the lasagna. Finish by topping the lasagna with the parmesan cheese; you will have a 2 cheese top.
- Coat aluminum foil with non stick spray and cover the lasagna to keep the cheese from getting too dark.Bake for 1 hour, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes more. Let lasagna rest for 15 to 20 minutes prior to serving.
Read more from KC in the Kitchen.