1. Place chicken in a medium skillet or saucepan and add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to cool. Shred into bite-size pieces. (Cool and refrigerate the broth, reserving it for another use.)
2. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sesame oil and tahini (or cashew butter) in a large bowl until smooth.
3. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in slivered peas and cook, stirring, until bright green, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the dressing.
4. Add the chicken to the bowl with the peas; toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with cashews.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 284
- Calories from fat 117
- Total Fat 13gm 20%
- Saturated Fat 2gm 10%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm
- Sodium 509mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrates 13gm 4%
- Fiber 3gm 3%
- Protein 30gm
- Cholesterol 64mg 21%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.