¾ cup watermelon chunks (4-pound watermelon), seeded
6 cup watermelon
2 Tbsp lime juice
1. Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
2. Place watermelon and lime juice in a food processor; process until smooth. Set a sieve over a large bowl and press the puree through to remove tiny seeds. Whisk in the sugar syrup.
3. Pour the watermelon mixture into a shallow metal pan and freeze until ice crystals form around the edges, about 30 minutes. Stir the ice crystals into the center of the pan and return to the freezer; repeat every 20 minutes until all the liquid is frozen.
4. Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 12 Total
- Calories 56
- Total Fat 0gm
- Saturated Fat 0gm
- Monounsaturated Fat 0gm
- Sodium 1mg
- Total Carbohydrates 14gm 5%
- Fiber 0gm
- Protein 0gm
- Cholesterol 0mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.