2 cup shredded cooked potato (see Note)
2 medium shallots, minced, divided
1 egg, beaten
2 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs (see Tip)
½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, divided
½ tsp salt, divided
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
½ medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and shredded
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450° F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Toss zucchini, potato, 3 tablespoons shallot and egg in a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs, feta, 1 tablespoon dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Form the mixture into 12 patties.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties, cover and cook until crispy and browned on one side, 2 to 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the latkes to the prepared pan, browned-side down. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and patties.
4. Transfer the latkes to the oven and bake until firm and heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare tzatziki: Combine yogurt, cucumber, vinegar, the remaining minced shallot, 1 tablespoon dill and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the latkes with the tzatziki on the side.
Note: Shredded cooked potatoes can be found in the refrigerated produce section or dairy section of most supermarkets.
Tip: To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear bread into pieces and process in a food processor into coarse crumbs. One slice makes about 1/3 cup crumbs.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 325
- Calories from fat 108
- Total Fat 12gm 18%
- Saturated Fat 3gm 15%
- Monounsaturated Fat 6gm
- Sodium 689mg 29%
- Total Carbohydrates 45gm 15%
- Fiber 10gm 10%
- Protein 14gm
- Cholesterol 62mg 21%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.